Nizami cinema

Cinema "Nizami", was designed by the famous architect Mikail Huseynov and was put into operation in 1934. At first, this center operated under the name of art cinema "Bədaye". After, in honor of the 800 th anniversary of the genius Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi was renamed to Nizami cinema. Works on the thorough repair and reconstruction carried out in accordance with the Order of the President "On the development of cinematography in Azerbaijan," was completed at a high level.

Malfunction of water and sewer lines, and underground waters have resulted in destruction of the building’s base. For this reason, the base of the building was completely excavated and supporting structures were strengthened. After reconstruction in the cinema was created four showing rooms. All rooms equipped with digital projectors manufactured abroad were re-equipped with light, sound and speakers. After major repairs and reconstruction of the theater it became a cultural center, where the audience is provided a high level of comfort.